Tuesday, February 20, 2007

lady knitterton rides again

Today's soundtrack:
Essential Bob Dylan by Bob Dylan

I finished the baby blanket. Of course, I tested it out on Alex (aka the Teddy Bear). He seemed to be very warm and cozy, so I guess it'll do the trick. The sweater on Alex is my aunt's creation (there is a knitting gene, it seems). I realised halfway through that the pattern is the exact same as Nana's dishcloth pattern, so essentially, all I've made is a giant baby dishcloth. More importantly, I've figured out how to use circular needles, which makes me feel like quite the knitting aficionado. All I need now is a houseful of cats.

Also making it a habit to pick out knitting jokes in movies. For example, in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Fred.. or possibly George.. tells the other students to "go back to your knitting". I giggled.

Hmm, just read that bit over again. Should I be concerned that I'm now giggling at knitting jokes in Harry Potter movies? I blame this temporary lapse in sanity on the Spaniard. If he doesn't get back soon, I'm going to knit myself a straitjacket. Like the wise man said, "No beer and no TV make Homer go something".

Oh well that last sentence made no sense whatsoever. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment