Sunday, March 18, 2012

afterglow

Today's soundtrack:
"Camilo (The Magician)" by Said the Whale
"Down by the Water" by The Decemberists

First, a quick bread update:  Not only did the loaf turn out to be appropriately loaf-sized, it's been steadily disappearing.  A little less than half a loaf now sits on my counter.  These disappearances seem to coincide with a certain Spaniard finding his way to the kitchen, but I don't want to speculate.


Dad helpfully pointed out that the loaf, being head-sized, round and follicle-free, could easily be mistaken for said Spaniard.  I suspect this comparison between Spaniard and bread explains his underlying animosity and the rapidly shrinking loaf.

But more important than the bread, the 107th Annual Anstruther Philharmonic Society Concert was last night.
I'm hiding behind the double bass.
We sang Purcell's "Come Ye Sons of Art", Haydn's "O Coelitum Beati", and Hummel's "Mass in Eb+".  We had four soloists and an orchestra, complete with recorders and a harpsichord.  Yes, a harpsichord!  Everything sounded much like I imagine it did when first performed, although I suppose the credit for that goes to Robert Dick, our conductor.  The whole concert, as well as the past six months, was so much fun that I'm a little sad this morning that it's all over now until October...  although, this bright Sunday morning is dulling the pain a bit.

At the very least, I suspect our neighbours are relieved to have a six month reprieve from my screeching along to Classical music while the shower.  Of course, this may mean a resurgence of "The Hundred Pipers" and one very bad Scottish accent...

No comments:

Post a Comment