Tuesday, April 28, 2009

fear is the mind killer

Today's soundtrack:
Explodo 3

Have been re-reading V for Vendetta in a vain attempt to keep my sanity as I prepare for comps. Noticed that V quotes "And did those feet" by Blake early on in the text. Made my 18th-century day.

I have a pile of books beside my bed, books that I'll read once comps are over: Wuthering Heights by Anne Bronte, Divine Comedy by Dante (this is re-read), Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman, and Don Quijote by Cervantes. I've been told that nothing beats the first time you read Wuthering Heights, which reminds me of what I was told about A Confederacy of Dunces. Turned out to be true. I still can't see a hot-dog stand without snickering. Between this list and the promise of a night of sheer debauchery to celebrate the end of comps, June might be one of the best months I've had in a while.

But back to Pepys, that wife-beating, lecherous ass, and a cold glass of Moosehead. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment